One Visit Crowns (OVC3)
Crowns, or “caps” as some call them, are custom-made covers for teeth that have had a root canal (leaving very little tooth structure), cracked or weakened teeth or teeth that are so decayed that a regular filling isn’t sufficient.
Traditional crowns typically take two appointments, but we are pleased to offer patients the One Visit Crown (OVC3) at Rouse Hill Smiles. The creators of the V3 Sectional Matrix system developed the OVC technique to enable the crown to be fabricated in the office.
- No lab fees
- No expensive chair time
- No impression expenses
- The remaining tooth surface is cleaned.
- Dr Teena Bali (Dentist) will use the OVC Selector Key, which determines the correct crown size.
- She will manually press the crown into position and align it with the adjacent teeth.
- You then will bite down so Dr Teena can recheck the OVC position and the height of the biting surface.
- She will spot cure the crown for 10 seconds, and then remove excess composite at the margins.
- A 20-second intraoral, followed by a 60-second bench-cure will be performed.
- Dr Teena will clean and dry the surface of your tooth and bond the OVC using a particular type of resin cement.