Achieving healthy teeth takes a lifetime of attention, dedication, and care. Even if you’ve been told that you have beautiful looking teeth, it’s crucial to take the correct and guided steps every day to take care of them and do away with problems that might occur in the way. This includes getting the right dental care products, as well as being mindful of your daily habits. Good dental hygiene and regular visits to your dentist will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums which will keep getting you complimented for your teeth.
Here we are listing down some tips which will help you in taking care of your dental health and keep your teeth healthy and white.
- Brush Twice a Day: Brushing your teeth twice a day ensures that you have no food residue stuck in your teeth, which can lead to bacterial growth which consequently results in the release of acids. These acids can cause cavities in your mouth. Brushing your teeth prevents this from happening.
- Use Toothpaste that contains Fluoride: Fluoride makes your teeth strong and protects them from rotting and cavities. Fluoride helps in hardening the tooth enamel and reduces the risk of tooth decaying.
- Brush Thoroughly: Brushing your teeth thoroughly ensures that there are no residues left stuck on your teeth. This helps in the prevention of tooth cavities.
- Floss your teeth: Flossing the teeth ensures that even the slightest knacks and cracks of your teeth are thoroughly cleaned so that the bacteria have nothing to feed from.
- Limit Acidic Drinks: Acidic drinks are acidic and full of colouring, which makes them a big No-No for white teeth junkies. We suggest you avoid these drinks altogether, if possible. These sugar-loaded beverages act the same as extremely sweet snacks like candies, giving the bacteria in your mouth ample to feed off of.
- Limit Sugary Foods: The candies and chocolates which taste heavenly and are too hard to resist hook onto your teeth and become the fundamental feast for the microbes in your mouth. At the point when the microbes feed off these sugars, they discharge acids that lead to tooth-rotting, which will lead to discolouration and cause cavities in your helpless teeth.
- Protect your Teeth from Injuries: Make sure that you protect your teeth while doing all sorts of physical activities such as playing sports, going out, running, etc. to avoid any kind of accidental damage to your teeth. Wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet when playing sports.
- Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food: Many people have the habit of using their teeth for cracking nuts, opening bottles, and much more. This can cause irreversible damage to your teeth, and therefore all this must be avoided.
- See your dentist for regular check-ups: Your dentist can help you in identifying any problems in your teeth at an initial stage so that problems do not grow out to be bigger and can be handled at the beginning only.
- Try to save a knocked-out tooth: In case you have hurt your tooth, hold the tooth back in place and seek immediate dental aid. If this is not possible, wrap the tooth in plastic or place it in milk and seek advice from a dental expert immediately.
- Brush baby teeth as soon as they come through: Brushing baby teeth ensures that the teeth are kept clean and free from cavities and other such problems from the initial years which helps in maintaining the health and longevity of your teeth.
- Get children into a teeth-cleaning routine: Timely checkups by pediatric dentist for good oral health. Having good dental hygiene from the initial days can develop a habit of taking care of one’s dental hygiene even after one grows up. If children are taught to be mindful of their dental health since the beginning, it will ensure that they have healthy teeth even when they grow up.
- Don’t delay dental treatments: delaying dental treatments can be a risky affair. Ensure that you seek advice from a dentist immediately after you feel any discomfort in your teeth or gums. Delaying dental treatments can worsen your condition and end up increasing the cost of treatment as well as your discomforts by many folds.
- Straighten crooked teeth with braces: In case you have crooked teeth, it is advised to get Dental Braces which help in aligning your teeth and making them look perfect. This also prevents any future problems that one may face due to crooked teeth.
- Don’t forget to clean your tongue: You tongue is one of the most crucial yet underrated part when it comes to oral hygiene. Make sure that you clean your tongue often as it also helps in keeping bad breath in check.