One of the last molars to emerge in humans are the wisdom teeth which start showing up at the ages of 15 and 25 years old. When these teeth emerge, they do not come out rightly well, they tend to be crooked and only half or less make them the impacted teeth.
This is what leads to an infection of gums, decay in the teeth or heavy inflammation of the tissue that is medically known as pericoronitis. Here, we list the best foods to eat after wisdom teeth removal. We also look at foods to avoid and other recovery tips.
The food items to be consumed are:
- Pureed Seedless Fruit
- Ice Cream
- Mashed Banana — Frozen Mashed Banana Is An Ice Cream Alternative
- Mashed Beans, Such As Kidney Beans, Black Beans, Or Butter Beans
- Mashed Sweet Or Regular Potatoes
- Pureed Or Mashed Vegetables, Such As Carrots, Parsnips, Or Broccoli
- Scrambled Eggs
- Soft Cheeses
Store-bought products need to be completely avoided as they are filled with high amounts of sugar.
Homemade Wisdom Teeth Food
- Add pureed seedless fruits to milk and make milkshakes where the fruits will give vitamins and minerals while the milk will grove strength.
- Vegetable or fruit smoothies blended at home is another great option as it provides fibre and vitamins and best wisdom teeth removal food.
- Soups and broths are yet another easy option giving flavor, fiber, vitamins, and minerals to the diet.
- Yogurt is a healthier option compared to ice cream if calories are considered. It is packed with sugar making it too high for the body to consume.
- Mashing vegetables and liquid foods are the best as they eliminate the need for chewing.
Easy Tips to Follow After Wisdom Tooth Extraction:
- Avoid eating sugary foods, and favor those that are healthful
- Stock ingredients at home ahead of time
- Only use seedless fruit
- Green smoothies and soups will increase vegetable and fiber intake
- Stock the home with liquids and soft foods before a wisdom tooth removal. Eating a healthful diet will improve recovery
- If no complications arise, the tooth socket will heal completely
- If complications do arise, contact the doctor or dentist who performed the removal for a follow-up appointment
You can contact your dentist to know about what to eat after wisdom teeth are removed or can contact Rouse Hill Smiles Dental Clinic for extraction and all other related information.